Assistant Internal Auditor
From £25,000 – £30,000 PA
Benefits: 6 Weeks holiday, private health care, life assurance, pension, discretionary bonus, free car parking, Fantastic work life balance on the Isle of Man.
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of the premier investment companies on the island. Our client has over 60,000 policyholders, in 170 countries in excess of $10 billion in assets under management and recognizes their staff as the most important commodity.
As an Assistant Internal Auditor your duties will consist of:-
• Ensuring on target delivery of GIA assignments
• Executing assignments in accordance with professional auditing, and departmental standards (training will be available)
• Carrying out comprehensive research
• Evaluating the effectiveness of processes, controls, management and governance systems
• Making recommendations for improved control, efficiency and effectiveness of systems where appropriate
• Writing reports setting out assignment observations and conclusions drawn from our work
• Following-up on assignment recommendations and evaluating the effectiveness of management actions
We would like to invite applications for anyone who can demonstrate the following skills:
A recognised qualification in accountancy/auditing or be part-qualified with a minimum 3 years relevant experience in a role that demonstrates understanding of complex business processes. Candidates who are qualified by experience will also be considered provided they have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
• Financial services experience would be beneficial, specifically relating to preparing/maintaining accounting records for regulated businesses, analysing accounting data for statistical, trend analysis and management information, analysing accounting data against specified criterion.
• Time management, planning and organisational skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills including being comfortable engaging with individuals at all levels within an organisation
• Good analytical and evaluation skills
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills to include Excel
Experience and knowledge of a broad range of business and commercial activity would be an advantage. Full training in auditing processes will be provided and support given towards gaining relevant professional qualifications.
We are interviewing now for this role so please send your CV at your earliest convenience to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 629 676