Our prestigious client is recruiting for a Qualified Accountant to join their financial department working under the guidance of the Group Financial Controller.
Duties will include
Assist in the preparation of monthly consolidated management accounts in accordance with IFRS.
Preparation of multiple VAT returns based on varying VAT legislations, including a group VAT return.
Key processes to provide assistance with the preparation of the management accounts include:
– The processing of purchase invoices and expenses to include, coding, matching against purchase orders, obtaining of relevant approvals and authorisations for payment
– Preparation of group bank reconciliations
– Preparation, posting and reconciliation of accruals, prepayments and accrued interest
– Maintenance of fixed asset register
– Update and reconciliation of all intercompany accounts following the posting of any transactions
Production of year-end financial statements in accordance with supporting documentation including tax computations for year-end audit.
Production of reports and other analysis as required by management
The Accountant will have primary responsibility for the preparation of monthly management accounts and other accounting procedures. and be responsible for contributing to the controls and policy accounting and supporting monthly financial reporting.
The successful candidate will have to have the following experiences
A Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a Finance Department
have a strong accounting background
Hold a relevant Accounting Qualification
Experience of accounting software packages (knowledge of Sage X3 would be advantageous but not a requirement)
This is a fast-paced environment where you get a real buzz and a sense of achievement.
To discuss this vacancy further or to register your interest contact recruitment works 01624 629676 or email your CV to email@example.com quoting vacancy number 979