Our prestigious client is seeking an Operational Risk Specialist to join their team. You will have specific responsibility for supporting Line 1 to implement and embed the risk management framework across the business. This will be in line with principles and rules for managing Operational Risks across the Group and must be within the Board’s stated Risk Appetite. You will also work closely with Line 1 during the Risk & Control Self-Assessments. Working with stakeholders at all levels of seniority you will be providing insights, advice and constructive challenge.
Experience required for this role
• An in depth understanding of the risk and financial drivers of the life or investment sectors with relevant professional qualifications or extensive experience in a key role.
• Risk management over marketing, sales, technical areas such as tax and product design, as well as risk frameworks and reporting.
• Sound understanding of different categories of risk from a technical and operational perspective.
• Broad commercial experience with experience in the financial services sector, particularly the life and investment sectors.
• Experience of operating in a multi‐jurisdictional environment.
• Experience of working in a business going through continuous upgrading, change and growth.
• Understanding of market knowledge and regulations/legislation within industry, ideally from the financial services sector.
• Demonstrate skills in effective communication, professional scepticism, due care, report writing, data analysis and training of other staff.
For more information about this role or to apply call on 01624629676 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job number 1006