Our client is seeking an Assistant Accountant within their newly created outsourcing and financial reporting function, within their Finance Team. Reporting to one of the Financial Reporting Managers, this role will be responsible for taking a lead role in ensuring that source data used by the International Financial Reporting team is delivered on time, of a high quality and able to stand up to external scrutiny. The production of accurate and timely information is essential for management to manage the business, group and regulatory financial reporting obligations.
• Support the monthly close process within agreed timelines, ensuring quality and integrity of financials.
• Project work to enhance our financial reporting to a more granular level to product working alongside other members of the Finance team.
• Interrogating general ledger to a very detailed level and working alongside the actuaries to explain the results.
• Project work to enhance reporting of branch financial results. Prepare internal management reports, providing insights on financial performance.
• Support further ad-hoc projects/ tasks.
Key skills and experience needed:
• Have an accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA) or be nearly qualified /qualified by experience.
• Experience with financial reporting and management accounting, including making improvements to design and function of reports.
• Technical knowledge of and understanding of insurance company accounting (IFRS and Regulatory reporting) would be advantageous.
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
• Experience of using SUN and Vision or a similar accounting package.
We are interviewing now for this role, please apply by calling on 01624 629676 or by emailing your CV to email@example.com