Our client, a leading Telecommunications company are seeking a Data Engineer to support the development and continuous improvement of performant data engineering and integration activities. The role’s core focus will be heavily weighted towards data engineering and integration but will form part of a cross-skilled data team providing wider business insight and reporting deliverables as well.
• The ideal candidate will have a strong data engineering background with experience using Microsoft tools, including advanced TSQL knowledge in the context of high volume multi-billion row datasets and SSIS development, with a demonstrable understanding of metadata driven data warehouse automation tools being advantageous.
• Experience working with REST and SOAP APIs, ideally with C#, and an understanding of Microsoft hybrid cloud Enterprise Integration Architecture concepts and related services.
• Power BI development, with at least intermediate DAX skills
• Dev ops experience with any industry standard tooling for agile development
• Prior experience in the telecommunications industry is desirable, with an understanding of mobile, fixed, broadband and enterprise product offerings, networks and protocols.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Take functional data requirements and design, develop and document data integration solutions using the full Microsoft BI Stack, across our SQL Server Data Warehouse, Integration Services (with BIML data warehouse automation), Analysis Services Tabular and Power BI, with the use of some Azure based data services.
Contribute to application integration architecture projects, and work on the design and development of solutions to drive process automation via API based data solutions.
• Use standardised patterns to audit routines for data integrity and performance.
• Support the development of our governed “self-service first” approach to data and business intelligence.
• Work on complex multi-system volume and financial reconciliation projects to provide assurance across revenue lines.
• Provide support to the wider business on niche and more complex data projects where required.
• Maintain secure development working practices, following company Dev Ops practices and governance.
For more information on this role or to apply call us on 01624629676 or email email@example.com